The Maine Group Foundation awarded $282,500 in grants to 21 Maine organizations to assist animal welfare, like 5 corporations with ties to Midcoast Maine.
An anonymous donor established the Animal Welfare fund in 2007. It is more supported by the Doree Taylor Charitable Basis, Financial institution of The united states, N.A., and the George F. Lyman and Ernestine Lyman Believe in.
2021 Animal Welfare Grants
- Animal Refuge League of Greater Portland, to offer accessibility to existence-preserving sources: $20,000
- Animal Welfare Modern society, to support enhanced potential in the [email protected] program and maintain point out-vast spay/neuter efforts: $20,000
- Another Chance Animal Rescue, to assist 100 cats spay/neutered, 25+ reduced-income families assisted with veterinary expenditures, and flea mitigation: $10,000
- Ark Animal Shelter, for the Ark Alley Cats Method to TNR neighborhood cats and/or dwelling feral cats: $10,000
- Bangor Humane Modern society, to present spay/neuter aid to very low-earnings pet owners: $20,000
- Franklin County Animal Shelter, for the shelter’s spay/neuter voucher application: $10,000
- Pals of Feral Felines, to offer TNR (lure-neuter-return) and socialization solutions for feral and unwelcome cats and kittens across southern and central Maine: $7,500
- Increased Androscoggin Humane Culture, to assist health care care for shelter and privately owned animals as properly as neighborhood outreach vaccination clinics: $20,000
- Halfway Property Pet Rescue, Inc., to proceed the no cost spay/neuter clinics: $10,000
- Harvest Hills Animal Shelter, Inc., to develop the spay/neuter voucher plan and supplies for the in-house spay/ neuter clinic: $10,000
- Humane Modern society Waterville Location, for the Angel Foster program: $20,000
- Midcoast Humane, to guidance the Community Cats voucher application, which provides economic aid to revenue-qualified rural cat owners and cat colony caretakers: $20,000
- P.A.W.S. Animal Adoption Center, for the shelter’s in-property healthcare clinic, which presents low-price tag vaccination and spay/neuter clinics to the neighborhood: $20,000
- The Pixel Fund, to aid the Maine spay/neuter system for stray and abandoned animals: $10,000
- Pope Memorial Humane Society of Knox County, for the spay neuter voucher plan in get to provide 350 spay/neuter vouchers for cats, puppies and rabbits: $20,000
- Accountable Pet Care of Oxford Hills Inc., to provide felines in overpopulation cases and fund grants to aid with price of spay/neuter for very low-earnings/elderly pet entrepreneurs: $10,000
- Somerset Humane Modern society, for the minimal-cost voucher system to help the community with spaying and neutering cats, $10,000
- SPCA of Hancock County, to set up spay/neuter clinics in the neighborhood and improve the Mickey Duffy Fund which delivers financial guidance to reduced-income pet owners for surprising veterinary bills: $10,000
- Spirits Put, to assistance the spay/neuter and health care treatment method: $10,000
- Waldo County Humane Culture, Inc., to boost local community awareness of spay/neuter vouchers, rabies vaccination clinics, and money assistance applications: $10,000
- Waldo County Pet Foods Pantry, to assist in the spay/neuter plan, rabies clinic and pet food stuff buys: $5,000
The next deadline for proposals to the Animal Welfare Fund is June 1, 2022. For application, tips and a comprehensive listing of 2021 grants, go to www.mainecf.org.
Headquartered in Ellsworth, with added staff in Portland, Dover-Foxcroft, Mars Hill and Rockport, the Maine Group Basis operates with donors and other partners to deliver powerful investments, personalized service, community abilities, and strategic supplying to increase the excellent of everyday living for all Maine persons. To discover additional about the basis, visit www.mainecf.org.